The purpose of the Family Ministry is to make disciples of Christ and equip kingdom builders by offering:
- Christian Counseling to children, adults and families.
- Training of church members to mentor others in the congregation.
- Workshops and Sunday night groups on topics that will enrich the family unit such as couple communication, couple enrichment, Christian parenting etc.
- Premarital Counseling combining the spiritual guidance of our pastor and the utilization of the PREPARE Inventory administered by a Christian counselor.
- Development of additional ministries to our church families.
- Divorce recovery counseling and groups.
- Financial counseling by a qualified Christian financial counselor.
Family Ministry is located on the second floor of the Education Building. Our regular hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 9am – 5pm. We can be contacted by phone, for appointment, at (704) 862-0189. If there is no answer please leave a message and you will be contacted as soon as possible.
Payment for Christian counseling services for First ARP members shall not exceed thirty dollars or your ability to pay. Checks be made payable to First A. R. Presbyterian Church.
We recognize at First ARP Family Ministry that many people, in and out of the church, have experienced deep emotional, relational and spiritual hurts and are searching for hope and answers for living. It is our firm conviction that it is God’s purpose and pleasure to work through His Church offering His love, hope and salvation.
Thomas R. Williamson, Director
In addition to First ARP family ministries, we also host Christway Counseling Services on our premises. For more information on Christway Counseling please click here.